Saturday, April 30, 2016

We Are Builders!

For a long while now I've wanted a patio set. Last summer we had a nice big slab poured and I couldn't wait to get a table back there to have friends and family over to cook out on summer nights. Well, last year, it wasn't in the cards, and that's ok because our back yard was mud. This year we have GRASS so I was super antsy to get a table set. Have you looked to see how much those things COST! Ohhh my goodness. If you want a "nice" one, that sits more than 6 people... prepare to sell your kidney. So-- how do we make lemonade out of lemons with this one... Last summer Brent built us a dock and had over estimated the lumber needed. We took that lumber and made a plan to build a farm table for the back patio. Big, sturdy, rustic- farm table. Brent and I have talked multiple times about it and finally set a date to build it Sunday afternoon. WELL, Laura is all done student teaching and we see her a lot more often now (Which we LOVE) she was at the house Thursday, the sun was shining and I threw it out there "hey- want to build the patio table" her response "Sure!" .... ummm .... Ok. Brent gave us the "GO NUTS" (With some minor directions here and there) And by golly! Laura and I BUILT A TABLE!!! We were impressed with ourselves!!!!! 


Here is the start. Just laying it out and cutting legs. The 4 foot boards were already cut to be used for the dock! So we decided, that's how wide the table would be! :) (Less cutting- and needing to be accurate)
Base screwed all together! Eek...
Flipped and table top boards on! 
Just LOOK at that beautiful table! (Proud builder moment!) 
Ellis has been soon anxious to EAT at the table. Today (Saturday) We went into town and saw a good deal on some patio chairs. We picked up a handful and enjoyed lunch on the back patio! :) 
I can imagine many special memories being made in our back yard in the years to come. 

No comments: