Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Stuffed Green Peppers

After reading Deanna's blog and her recent post on stuffed green peppers, I was inspired (believe it or not!) So I found a couple recipes on pinterest. Because I liked bits and pieces of each recipe I decided to make my own version of them but followed the bake temp and time! They were AWESOME!!!!


STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

4 Green peppers "gutted" 
1lb ground turkey
1 medium onion
1 can black beans
1 can tomato sauce 
rice
olive oil
mozzarella cheese 

Directions: 
Oven: 375 degrees
I use a rice cooker, so I first started my rice since that takes about 20 minutes. 
In a pan 5-6 minutes cook chopped up onion with some olive oil. While it's cooking clean and gut your peppers. The extra "good stuff" that is chopped off the top of the pepper save! Chop that up to little pieces too and add into your onions cooking. Next, remove the onions and leftover pepper chunks from the pan and brown your ground turkey. Once browned add back in the onions/pepper mix and rinsed black beans. Let cook together for 3-4 minutes and then add in your cooked rice and tomato sauce. Mix all together. Spray a pan for your peppers (I have one that is pretty small and fit four peppers nicely without them sliding every where!) Stuff peppers packed with your mix, sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake. Soooo Yummy! 

How do you eat it? We just take a knife and chop it all up and mix it together. 

This recipe actually made A LOT of stuffing! We filled four peppers full and had enough for probably another 4-5 peppers. I froze the left overs for a quick and easy meal some other night! :) 

1 comment:

DKF said...

Inspired from my blog!? That's a first :) I love it!!!! Miss you always!