Wednesday, July 3, 2013

On our own....

This week has been the first week that Ellis and I are taking on the world and daily life without the help of Daddy or my mom and sister! I seem to think we're doing a pretty good job.

We start our mornings out with a cup of coffee, a peanut butter english muffin and our bible. 
(New sling from Jay and Jess that Ellis loves and keeps mommy hands free!) 




We had a visitor yesterday! Mrs. Laura (Brent's bosses wife) 

Nap time happens often around this house with these two boys... I think they will be friends for life. :) 

Yesterday was a milestone! Can you guess what's missing from the picture below???
His cord!! :) I changed his diaper and it was still there, but drying out... five minutes later he spit up all over himself so we went to change outfits and bam! It was gone, just floating around in his sleeper! 

See ya later sponge bath! Hello REAL bath! 

Every single day Ellis is changing in some way. He's becoming more and more alert and awake during the day. I could stare at him for hours... what an amazing gift the creation of life is... wow. My baby is growing TOO FAST and he's only 2 and a half weeks OLD!!! 

So we're doing pretty good here at the Olson home. Adjusting back to reality and I'm feeling great. Pleasantly surprised with the quick recovery I've had. Although, even though I feel good, Doc. said- 2-4 more weeks of taking it "easy"... I'll do my best! She did give me the go ahead to "walk, walk, walk" if I want to for exercise... so it might become our new favorite thing on cool days/nights. 

2 comments:

steve said...

love the pictures. just ran across some of Brent as a newborn. I believe they're related!! :>) I can see your a wonderful mama!

The Olson's said...

Jan, I would LOVE to see pictures of Brent as a newborn! :)