Thursday, March 14, 2013

Deployment in our future


Unfortunately, while my mom and sister were here we got some sad news. Brent is being deployed to Kabul Afghanistan in September for 6 months. It came as a big shocker, we thought we had made the clear of this last bucket (months he's "more" eligible) but just barely missed the cut. 

Current deployment dates would be Mid-September to Mid-March. (These dates often change all the time, especially being six months away still.) 

No one wants their spouse to deploy or leave even for a few days.... I'm sad, and still not ready to openly "chat" about this whole situation. Needs to soak in a bit more I think so it isn't instant tears! I spent a few days with on and off tears and was SO thankful to have my mom and sister here for support while Brent worked. I've started to put my big girl pants on and try not to be sad and stressed. We know that we live in the Lords plan and I am praying EVERY DAY that his plan, includes this deployment being just a scare and eventually gets canceled. (Please pray!!!) 

We don't have much for details yet. He has signed up for a training in Ohio for mid April to mid May. It's basically a classroom type training for finance. (As far as we know) We are hoping that Mox and I can go along. (Greg and Deanna here we hopefully ALL come!) If I can be with Brent even during that month of nights, you BET I will be. Every moment I have I want to be with him. 

He will also have a more "outback" training in August for ten days in New Jersey that we will not be going to.  

There is just so much still unknown and it's overwhelming. We are taking it day by day at this point. We are having the attitude that it MAY get canceled. Even though we are prepared for him to go, we don't want to go through the next few months, and it DOES get canceled and we spent all that time being sad and stressed. 

It's just a lot to wrap my head around. Brent has been AMAZING. As we know, when he signed up for the academy we knew this was part of the package and most likely WOULD happen. He's the one getting deployed and he's my strongest supporter. He's so amazing, this whole thing has brought me to a whole new level of appreciation for Brent as a husband and best friend. I'm so in love with him for so many reasons and the biggest sadness I have is that I/we will MISS HIM!! 

Please pray for him, and pray for us. We are so thankful that at this point Brent will be home during the time of Baby Olson's birth and the couple months to follow. We will keep you posted on the details we get... Thank you for praying for us. 


No comments: