Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines to all of you! 


Today I spent most of my day with a group of ladies from the church here. One of the ladies hosted at her home a Valentines Brunch. It was so nice and so many yummy treats and food too!! I contributed to the party PINK chocolate chip cookies (recipe from pinterest) and A variety of wedding mints.

Wasn't to sure how these would turn out, but after an entire tube of NEON pink food coloring, they were pretty bright! 


As for the mints... The ladies were super impressed that I MADE these!! That makes me laugh because it consists of two ingredients and flavoring... haha. They have never heard of "wedding mints" even when I told them the recipe, still never heard of it! They were a HIT! WHoohoo!! 


There was such a nice layout of food and treats! Yummmm I think I went back for three plates! :) 


While at the party I did get a valentines card from Fafo--- isn't he so sweet. ;) I joked with him that I felt so special until I realized he gave one to ALL the ladies at the luncheon. haha... 


Lastly, (And it's only 3pm) My box of chocolates from mom and dad came and were NOT melted! Each valentines we get a box of Widman's Chippers and Vanilla creams... this year because we are in such a warm climate we weren't sure if they would make them unmelted so Mom mailed a "sample pack" with a few of each and will bring the rest when she comes in March. They made it here today and were not melted!! SUCCESS!!!!


Last night Brent and I exchanged cards full of thoughtful words. This morning I got up at 6:30am when he got in the shower and made him breakfast to go... he asked me what I would like to do tonight and I let him know that I'd like to just stay in and be together! :) Aww Love. 

No comments: