So since finding out we were having a BOY I haven't had even a chance to walk through a store that had baby stuff besides the grocery store. :) While waiting for my chance to get to a store I had some of this purple and gold yarn that I bought to make Brent a hat that instead I used to make baby a hat. :) My intentions were for newborn pictures but I'm pretty sure it's too big for that, making it large enough to fit when the Vikings start up again next season! (Also my first ever PomPom on a hat! And to my surprise they are SOOOO easy!)
This morning my friend Brette, who has three boys and is a military wife here, dropped off a box of her youngest boys clothes! I was shocked with the amount, the care taken for them, and the name brand clothes!! Wowza! Felt pretty excited going through that box!!
And I mean... Look at these SHOES! :) CUTE!!
I continued on with some shopping on base while I did some errands and met Brent for lunch. I found these keepers while on base! :)
Lastly a stop at Joann's. I had probably 15 things of fabric in my cart as I went to the cutting table, but most of them were parts of projects. So I only left with the following three plaid flannels. The green flannel I LOVE. I got a yard and think I might make a blanket out of it? I bought some of that silky edging for blankets so maybe I'll just put that around it and keep it light and simple for the future Florida baby!
Overall- successful day for baby Ole!! I'm excited for our trip to the baby store tomorrow and hopefully find a "theme" we want to go with for the babies room so I can start making accessories! :)





2 comments:
Just for the record, baby boy Olson's seem to come out with pretty big heads!:>) (ouch) So the hat may not fit by Viking season opener. Hope it is stretchy. Cute hat though, and nice clothes! Grandma
very cute hat! yah for shopping! and hand me downs. Katie and I have a pretty good system here.. Carly gets Briann's clothes, Sydney gets Carly's clothes and Eddy LOVES getting his big cousin Cody's clothes.
Love the green flannel... nice to make your own blankets as the ones in the store are so small in size.
Have fun today!!
Post a Comment