Friday, January 4, 2013

Baby Ole - 17 Weeks

Ok,  so when we found out we were pregnant I knew I wanted to be that mom who records everything, has a weekly picture of the BUMP and use a cute chalkboard to document weekly stuff on for the picture. That didn't happen... And now I don't really have a desire to be all cutesy with it because I'm afraid I will be with the first one and then every baby Ole after that won't get the same treatment? Does that make sense. I however do not see my blogging life going anywhere but MORE interesting in the years to come so I decided to start the weekly update using questions I found on a few pregnancy blogs. This way anyone who wants to know about our weekly happenings with this pregnancy can stay posted, and I will have it all documented for a BLURB book when the pregnancy is over. (Christa- I think you should do this too. :) Just sayin'.....) Here we go! 

Baby Ole - Week 17

Total weight gain: hmm... Since before pregnant about 4lbs. Now, I gained three of those since Christmas in MN.... SOOO the gain might NOT be from baby, but goodies. 

Maternity clothes: I've seen pregnancy blogs where people try to hold out as long as they can, and others couldn't believe they haven't been wearing pregnancy pants all their life.... I had bought a few pair of pregnancy jeans before coming home for Christmas and I think they are pretty comfortable. It is a little awkward to "pull up your pants" from under your chest instead of at your waist line... haha.

Sleep: oooh sweet sleep. Before pregnant I was a HARD and solid sleeper. Since being pregnant that has gone right down the drain... (Sad...) I get up at LEAST three times a night to go to the bathroom... THREE! And that's on a good night. Although I stumble to the bathroom each time, still half asleep, I'm thankful each time for this little life. 
**Side note: Today I got a big package on my doorstep! It was a Back 'N Belly Pillow!! I ordered it a week ago because I read great reviews on it. Was part of a couple Top Fives for Pregnancy lists. I'm hoping this helps me sleep better too. (It's pretty giant too! Good thing we upgraded in bed sizes a few months ago! I can't wait to see Brent's reaction to this one! ha.) 
 
 Stretch marks: Well... I am getting a little bump going and I do see some squiggly white lines forming on my belly, but nothing to serious at this point and hopefully I'm genetically lucky and will miss that part of pregnancy. (FINGERS CROSSED)

Best moment of the week: The Vikings WINNING!!! (And being aired on our television at home so we didn't have to go out to watch it!) I know that isn't baby related, but I know baby was happy about it! :) 
 We do NOT mess around in the Olson house when it comes to Vikings stuff... You name it, we have it. (not really, but it sure seems like it!!) My parents got the baby Ole these Vikings Sippy Cups for Christmas along with some Vikings onsies.... Let's just say, Brent was pretty impressed. :)

Miss anything:This might sound bad, but pre-pregnancy I really enjoyed a glass of beer when we ate fried foods for game day. Last Sunday I missed that. Although I'm more than willing to give it up for baby Ole. :) 
Story Time: So with pregnancy comes giving up certain foods, activities and alcohol. I'm not a "drinker" but I do occasionally like a glass of wine, or a glass of beer. Being knowledgeable of my pregnancy for three months now and cutting those out of my life I had quite the surprise Sunday in Minnesota. We were at church at the chapel back home in Baudette. The "wine" was being passed around and in Satellite, it's not actually wine... it's grape juice. So I figured no different and I took my little cup of "wine"---- And I could be wrong, but---- It sure tasted like WINE! :) It was a delightful surprise to my taste buds! 

Movement: So for the last two visits I've been asked this question....I kind of scratch my head and go, "I don't THINK so??" I know the starting movement feels like "flutters" and "butterflies" ;) Not an obvious SMACK-here I am Momma! There have been a few times I've wondered, but can't be sure enough. They say that in the next few weeks I should be able to feel it. In about six weeks Brent should be able to feel them too. I'm really excited to feel baby Ole move around! 

Food Craving:I've gone through a lot of different food cravvings so far. I went through a few years of being super sensitiive to dairy. Since being pregnant I crave milk, especially Chocolate Milk! I probably Drink a gallon of milk a week, and that may not seem like a lot but for me, it's a TON. For a week solid I ordered mild boneless wings and a side salad with ranch dressing from a near by sports bar. That's all I wanted, then I went into a Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich faze with a chocolate shake. While we were home we ate Pizza Corner Pizza EVERY DAY! (And no complaints by me about it!)
(Restocking Mom and Dad's freezer with all the pizza we ate while home!)

Anything making you queasy or sick: #2 from anyone or anything... I can NOT handle even the conversation about it. Even the word... and when I see it... gag attack sometimes followed by not so nice stuff.... Moving ON!

Have you started to show yet: To me, I feel like I'm still in the phase where if I'm wearing semi-baggy clothes it just looks like I've eeaten to many donuts for breakfast. If I wear a more fitted shirt there is a little bump there that could possibly say "baby" to others. After I eat I bloat out big time.. 
(This is my most comfortable "look" sweatpants/running shorts and a t-shirt.) 

Gender: ??????
Now on this question-- Since the VERY beginning I've thought BOY, I know both Mom's have mentioned thinking it's a BOY and even Brent thinks (maybe HOPES) for BOY.  I did some of the funky wives tales and I'll save that for another post! :) 

Belly button in or out: I have always had a very skinny "inny" and since being pregnant and growing that skinny is slowly getting wider and I can actually SEE inside that thing. Now with that, I'm thinking the button is going to be out in no time as I grow... that will be an experience.... 

Wedding rings on or off: Still on and still to big on cold hands... Doing good there! 

Happy or Moody most of the time: This question makes me happy to report on because I FINALLY am starting to feel like myself again. The first 16 weeks or so I just felt "not like myself" not as cheery and happy and just kind of BLAH. (Excited for sure, but just not ME) So in the past few days I've felt like I'M BACK! Energy, excitement, cheerfulness, wanting to be around others (Does that sound bad?) I'm pretty happy where I am now and hope it stays this way!! I missed me. ;)

Looking forward to: 
1.The Vikings playing on Saturday (at our house again! Whoohoo!) 
2. Next Friday we have our ultra sound visit with our doctor and hopefully she can determine what we are HAVING!! (Prepare for a boy because I'll bet money on it.) 
 

5 comments:

Emily said...

:) made my day...

The Olson's said...

Good! :)

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

fun post! i used a pillow similar- not quite so big- every pregnancy. You subscribe to any weekly emails about baby?? those were kinda nice... i did some midwife questionare with ea baby to determine the sex (we don't find out) and i put them in ea. childs baby book. Kinda fun, i think they were almost all correct.
I'd recommend looking for a baby book now- I liked writing about the pregancy and having a place to put keepsakes in. All of mine are big 3 ring types so i could add paper and include the actual pregn. test, 1st haircut, Bday cards, etc. in. The kids LOVE looking in them...
Have done the blurb books too... very easy to do. One pregnancy I had to have a certain spring roll from a grocery ALOT, another I liked Taco Bell and I"m a coffee drinker but the minute I was pregnant I couldn't stand that in the am but drank OJ on ice every am... anyways! Cute post... Can't WAIT till nect fridays news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts on how your gonna find out?? I've had friends who have the doc put the news in an envelope and then find out together some cool way, over dinner, or in a cake...

The Olson's said...

Fun Jill! :) Yeah we are going to find out I think at the doctors office. We MIGHT wait to tell people until our level two ultra sound Jan 22 to just make "Sure" before telling people. We were also thinking of doing some fun photo's to reveal. We'll see!

christa said...

this is fun - i may have to try it too. a friend got me a pregnancy journal when i found out i was pregnant, but i ended up returning it because it's just not me. it was way too detailed and i didn't think i'd have time to document every feeling i had every day. and i also had the feeling that i didn't want to document everything with number one, but not have the same detail for the next one. but this blogging idea seems much more doable. i still have yet to even take a bump picture. i guess maybe i'm a little less "type A" in this situation for some reason. i better get on that. and that pillow looks amazing, although i haven't had any problems sleeping. hal complains that i still sleep too much!! :)