Well, it has been such a treat to have 10 days off from work! Woah! Although, I am finding myself getting "bored" without work, Brent working and no school work... and it's been a LONG time since I've been BORED! I'm all caught up on all the shows that I like to watch, the house got a good 2012 prep clean and I got one project finished! As much as I love waking up after 9, staying up late, sitting on the couch in the morning with my coffee and bible, having all day flexibility to do anything--- I'm ready to get back to routine.
For new years we joined the Walkers and the Hultin's for dinner at the Japanese steakhouse! It was a favorite place for us when we lived in Billerica and went to this restaurant with the Walkers last year. The food wasn't quite as delicious as we remember it, but it was still very good. I also exposed the group to their deep fried Oreo's. I don't think anyone besides maybe Seth enjoyed them as much as I did! :) Sweet tooth me!

(Us, Dani, Bobby & "Bean" Walker and Serenity & Seth Hultin)
On to the project- since becoming a victim to Pinterest I'm finding idea after idea of crafts! LOVE IT. That site consumes me. Jill Martinson, Do you have Pinterest? You and your crafty girls would LOVE all the ideas! I can invite you if you aren't already part of it, and if you are part of it I'll add you to my follow list! :) Anyways- I had seen a few times on Pinterest and in a few different ways the shape of the letter of your last name made out of buttons. Such a cute idea and honestly VERY easy! Check mine out...

So basically you need a piece of scrapbook paper that you like, a frame that needs something to display, one pack of buttons and a hot glue gun. I printed out a pattern of an O to follow so it looked someone neat. At first it was a rocky start but I feel like it got easier as I went and got the hang of it. Now it's a nice (cheap) 8x10 decoration on our new end table that I also got this last week for a steal of a deal at the Homegoods store!
Off to finish laundry and enjoy our last day off! :) Happy New Year again!
Side Note: Brent had to make some corrections on his forms for moving this summer so the final paperwork was submitted for placement for us this last week! We are praying to stay stateside but know where ever we get it's where we are suppose to be and we pray that we are at least together! Thanks for all of your prayers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment