Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baked Ziti

Last night Brent and I made a NEW homemade meal. We get pretty comfortable in the recipes we know or just eating out, but for the new year we wanted to be better about making NEW things. This would be a first for us to make Baked Ziti. We've had noodles with red sauce, but this recipe was a bit more detailed than that.

When we do cook, we cook best together :) I was happy to have the help to make this dish!

Here it goes! :) Fingers crossed it turns out and actually tastes good because we have enough to eat for a while!!

Turned out really good! :) A few tweaks we would make for next time but overall it was very good! We enjoyed dinner, packed enough for lunch for the rest of the week and had enough to freeze two bags for future "quick meals". This cooking thing might not be so bad... but... I do like that take-out! :)

1 comment:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

that's fun to cook together...enjoy the eating out and take-out it's difantly a season that won't last forever...sigh, I remember those days. :)

I made this once but kinda thought it tasted alot like lasgna and was alittle more work than lasgna. I invested in 4 or so pyrex glass 9x9 square pans so whenever I make the few cassoroles that we like, (lasgna, tator-tot hotdish, tuna noodle cass.) I just make it in 2 square pans and freeze one. Figure if I'm making it might as well make 1-2 for the freezer! (maybe I should trade you that nice big stainless pan for my little glass ones..lol!;) It's pretty. I got Paula Deen turquise pans for Christmas, just love them sitting on my stove- so bright!

I've got a good, easy Swedish Meatball recipe we're having tomorrow night if you want it. Makes a nice gravy and good with mashed potatoes. Kids and Jared's favorite. (using Sam Club meatballs this time- makes it real fast) They are real handy to have in freezer for Subs, Spaghetti and diff. meatball recipes with rice or mashed potatoes.

Love your posts!