Monday, August 29, 2011

"Lisa Easy"

I have a few appetizers that are SUPER easy and even more YUMMY!

Tonight Brent was really craving the Tomato and Mozzarella salad. Basically it is just a slice of tomato with a slice of mozzarella cheese on top and basil and olive oil on top. Chilled for 30 minutes super yummy! (We learned this simple snack from Ms. Dee Pieper herself)



Lately, I've been a big fan of Bruchetta. It's what I've been ordering at restaurants and it's so yummy!! So I thought I would try to make my own little spin on it. I bought some french bread, toasted it for a few minutes and then added the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and olive oil mix on top and baked for about 2 minutes. That was also a very good snack!!

Lastly, Brent grilled me sword fish the other night!! YEP SWORD FISH! I wasn't to sure about the idea but he had it before and thought I would like it. He was right! It was SO good that I couldn't stop eating it!

Brent is such a good cook! I'm so thankful that he enjoys being in the kitchen with me because he makes it more fun and he's way better at giving things "flavor" than I am! He's really good at cooking, I'm pretty impressed!



1 comment:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

You're making me hungry! Yum. We love bruschetta here too! We do something similar alot for lunches in the summer...sometimes use herb cream cheese first then bruchetta toasted then a cold cuke slice when it comes out with sea salt on top.
I've really wanted to try the tomato salad like that.. and REAL moz. cheese...just gotta find it in the big city :)