Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

First, let me start with saying, how come when Brent or myself travels on a plane we hit BAD WEATHER!!!!???

Thursday I flew to MSP to meet my mom there and we headed to Anoka Community College where my first "face to face" meetings were for kicking off the next three years of my schooling to become and Elementary Teacher! YAY!..... It was an information overload weekend, and looks like it's going to take some hard work and dedication but I'm so ready to get going! We kick off tomorrow.

Anyways, I was suppose to be done with class Saturday afternoon and fly out Sunday morning, giving my mom and I some extra stress free time together. Nope, change of plans! Mother Nature felt it was not only enough to strike an earth quake up the east coast but to follow that by a hurricane. Nice.

Thursday I was sitting at the airport watching the news and thinking, you know what, if my flight gets canceled on Sunday I won't make it back in time to start my new job Monday! Wouldn't that be a great start at a new job. So I asked the desk about flights available Saturday night. The latest flight was 7 and that is what I needed since my class went until 4:30. On Thursday they were not allowing people to change flights for free and there were 6 seats on this flight that I needed Saturday.

I went ahead and switched the ticket because it was important for me to be in Boston for Monday's first day of school! Thankfully I did because my original flight for Sunday did get canceled and we had a safe flight into Boston last night.

Today, Brent is at work because he has to be in case of an emergency he's one of the main "finance guys" to make decisions if they have the money for emergency situations and what not. Trust me, he's not very impressed by it. He can't come home until like 9pm :( Poor guy. So Mox and I are holding down the fort at home.

Before we lived on the third floor, not we live on a second floor but have a basement which is calming if we need it. Right now as I look out the window it's a little windy and rainy. Sounds like we will get more of a tropical storm than a hurricane. High winds of 50mph are expected during the day.

So- I made it back to Boston safely, school was good, hurricane should be more like a bad thunderstorm, Brent is unfortunately spending his Sunday at work, and I start my new job tomorrow!

No comments: