Monday, August 22, 2011

New Job!

I am excited to share with everyone that I got a new job! :) I will be leaving the Child Development Center on base on Wednesday (heading to MN for school stuff on Thursday-Sunday) and Monday I will start my new job.

I got hired for a full time (30hrs) Instructional Aid position. I will be helping kids with special needs and also being help to other kids as well who need a little extra help in the classroom. The middle school is about 5 minutes from base. So still a 20 minute commute but better pay, better hours, holiday's off, summers off!

I am really excited for this job because I think it will look great on my resume and also be perfect for me working full time but also getting time to do my school work! (Classes start up again next week!) I also need to have a mentor for school, to observe in their classroom 20 hours a semester and this way it will work perfectly! I will work and observe at the same time. I will be working 8-3 which will give me 2.5 more hours a day to be working on school work, get dinner started, get some things done around the house before Brent gets home! I think overall we will both love this job.

I'm going to be a little sad to leave the CDC because I've been there for over a year now and I am finally on the Pre School side which I have really enjoyed, but I just couldn't ignore the pro's to this new job.

School starts Monday and I kick off my first week with a four day weekend because of Labor Day! I'm loving this job already!!

Just wanted to catch everyone up on the changes happening for us!

1 comment:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Congrats! Praise the Lord, that DOES so like Awesome Pros! Wish we could see you in MN.. :( but hope you have a smooth trip and wonderful Labor Day!
We have been wondering if you're bracing for the hurricane.. haven't heard today if it's gonna effect you.. but watching the news and lookin' out for Boston! :(