Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Look

Today my plan was to drop Brent off at the airport and come home and sew. Didn't even get the sewing machine out today!! (Hopefully tomorrow)

Brent drove us to the airport and then it was my responsibility to get me and Mox home. We say our good bye's and I start driving away and ding ding ding. Low fuel. Greeeeat! I am in downtown Boston (20 min from the area I'm familiar with) and now I have low gas. So I punch into TomTom the closest gas station. The whole way there I'm just nervous I'm going to run out of gas and then what do I do?? My husband and (rescuer) is on a plane to Indiana. I pull up to the area TomTom lead me too and it is a huge construction site!! NO GAS STATIONS. Now I'm really nervous because I felt I have already pushed my mileage. So I type in a new place and off I go... finally about 5 miles later I found one! THANKFULLY! Got gas and then thought, I am going SHOPPING. After all that stress I needed to relax by walking every isle of the stores. (Brent hates walking the isles... I like to dream by looking at everything)

For Christmas my Gramps and Gram Dinndorf gave us money to buy something we would like, and oooh did I have fun finding stuff!!

We have been thinking (maybe its more like I've been thinking) that we need to decorate a little bit in the apartment. Make it a little more home-y feeling. So today I found a great deal on a Mirror! $20 which is great because for some reason mirrors are so expensive?? I don't get it. So I bought that, then I bought some artsy stuff for our wall above our couch. Then, I thought... having curtains would be so comfortable... so I bought curtains! :) Mox and I spent the afternoon shopping and then came home and pounded nails and hung up all of our new gifts from Gramps and Gram! So THANK YOU GRAMPS AND GRAM!!!

I love to find the deals! I bought everything today for less than $70!

The living room re-arranged and the new art on the wall. I separated the sectional coach to make a love seat and a chair? We'll see how it works out.
The new $20 mirror in the dining room area. (Soon we are hoping to get a table)

Closer look at wall art above the coach. Minus the tag still on the circles.


A look from the dining room into the living room with the new curtains! :)

A look the other way.




1 comment:

Micah said...

that is an awesome mirror for $20. I've noticed they are expensive too..not sure why either. :) Love to new homey look. And glad you didnt run out of gas.