If you have any good recipes for the crockpot or mixer send them my way! I'd love to try something new! :)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
"New Stuff"
So this last couple weeks I've really started to "play" in the kitchen! We got so many great gifts that I had to use them!!
This is the Mixer my parents got me for our wedding! I was a little intimidated to use it but memories of my mom's sweets encouraged me to whip it out. First I started off making my mom's chocolate chip cookies. And... I screwed up one ingrediant and they didn't turn out ANYTHING like hers. I was a little disappointed but Brent "claimed" they were REALLY good. They weren't... and I knew it.
From my Aunt Kathleen and family I got this Crock Pot. I LOVE having a crock pot!! You just throw everything in there in the morning and by dinner time it is ready to serve!! YUMM-O We make pot roasts with potatoes, carrots, onions (For flavor, we don't like them), we've made chilli! So much you can do.
I was craving these cookies the other day and the recipe is so simple! So again with the mixer I whipped them up and I had never even attempted making these so I was a little worried. Plus, Brent wanted to bring some sweets into work. Pressures on now! I was so impressed that they turned out!
If you have any good recipes for the crockpot or mixer send them my way! I'd love to try something new! :)
If you have any good recipes for the crockpot or mixer send them my way! I'd love to try something new! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lisa- the cookies look delicious!! I have a really good chicken recipie for the crock pot... 4 chicken breasts, or tenderloins, 1 small pkg of mushrooms, 1 onion small, 4 bacon slices (optional) 1 c. sour cream, and 1 (10 3/4-oz)can cream of chicken soup. Put the chicken in then sprinkle with salt and pepper. place the washed and sliced mushrooms and sliced onion "rings" on top of the chicken. Then place the bacon, if you are using it on top of that. Mix together the sour cream and the soup, and pour over all. The recipie says to bake it uncovered at 250 for three hours, but I do it on low in my crockpot for about the same amount of time or a little longer. It's good with pasta, or mashed potatoes. Good luck! Hope you like it. :)
looks like you've been having fun in your kitchen! your chocolate kiss cookies look awesome and are making me crave them! might have to whip up a batch of my own. only i still have a hand held mixer - so not as fun as a kitchen-aid! :)
Katie- Thanks so much for the recipe!! I'm going to try it out for sure! Sounds delicious! Even wrote it down as Katie's crockpot chicken! :)
Christa- I have been having fun in the kitchen! :) I wish we lived closer cause I would just bring you some! We have a freezer full!!
Post a Comment