Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ellis 5 months!

I can not believe that my little baby is 5 months old already! he's growing and changing so much. Every day I'm in awe over the things he's learning just by observing his surrounds. He LOVES Mox. One way to get him to giggle is have Mox jump in front of him for his ball. 

 Ellis is still turning from back to tummy quickly, but then gets irritated because we haven't figured out tummy to back yet. He's also starting to sleep on his tummy which is the scariest thing in the world to me...
 He smiles all the time (except when a giant camera is in his face.) When dad gets home from work, we greet him at the door and once they make eye contact BIG SMILES. He's talking more and more and will even carry on an "Ellis talk" conversation with you if you copy the sound he made. So cute.
 Our growing boy seems to be right on track as far as size. He's wearing mostly 6 month closes these days. Maybe a little room to grow in the waist.
 Ellis enjoys to eat. We've mastered: green beans, applesauce, peas and just introduced peaches yesterday. Peaches were my favorite as a kid. Growing up we'd go to the grocery store after church and my sister and I use to ask for our "treat" to be a big jar of baby food peaches. So funny. Let's be honest, I tried them again yesterday, still good. ;-)
 Ellis is still working on sleeping through the night, but he's getting better. We have good nights and we have no so good nights. But, every time I see that sweet face, I can only smile.
 Ellis' personality is starting to shine through. He's stubborn. I'm not surprised, Brent and I are both very stubborn. He knows what he wants and he wants it NOW. Overall, he's such a good baby. We can really take him anywhere, which is nice. He's very laid back and loves to cuddle. He's a sweet sweet boy.
 Ellis is a feeler. He's finally found those feet! He found his hands awhile back, but just recently will lay on the floor and play with his feet. He's so funny. He loves loves to feel different textures. That touch and feel book he got from Steph and Eric is a hit. He just scratches at all the different textures. He loves petting Mox, accompanied of course! Because although he likes to feel, he's not very gentle. He also likes to grab and even more so pinch. This little man has one heck of a pinch!!
 Ellis cooperates pretty well for picture time with mom, however, he's becoming more and more like his dad and is over it... ;-)

After pictures we enjoyed a little reward of Jumperoo time. I seriously need to get a video posted of him jumping. He's hilarious!

Happy 5 month birthday Ellis!! :) 

1 comment:

Laura Ann said...

Love my big boy!!! Can't wait for December! Couldn't come fast enough!!!