Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baby Shower! :)

Today was our babies "Sardina Shower". The Sardina girls, Zaylis Price and Debbie Cardamone put together the nicest shower for me and baby at Erica's house today! It was so much fun! Full of high volume, lots of laughing, great food, lots of generous gifts, and an overall great time together! I felt so blessed to have this shower for Baby Ole and was so humbled by the work, thought, and gifts put into it.

The Sardina Ladies and me. ;-) 
Can you believe that everyone here is in flats except Lisa Sardina?? Lulu and Briana are super duper tall! 

Because we are going with a nautical theme for Baby Ole the girls pulled that through in the shower. There were so many cute decorations and themes around the house!! 

Erica's husband Andy always has such a great fruit spread when we eat at their house. Erica really wanted to do a watermelon cut into a baby basket and filled with cut fruit. (Have you seen those? they're pretty cute.) However, Andy thought with the whole nautical theme it would be best to create a sail boat.... A SAIL BOAT? I wouldn't even think I could create a sail boat out of a round watermelon! He's amazing when it comes to food creations. 

I was soooo happy that my Aunt Nora was able to attend the shower as well. Nora is my Dad's brother Joe's wife who lives in Merritt Island about 20 minutes away from us. It's been wonderful having them so close!


Now, as far as this diaper cake goes... I think Brianna and Erica need to start up a business! How amazing is this!!!!! It was so beautifully put together, jammed packed with MANY diapers, toys, clothes, towels, etc. I was super impressed!


Lastly I have a funny story to share. Awhile back we had a church garage sale as a fundraiser for a little boy in our church who recently had a liver transplant from his dad. I had gotten a big box of boy clothes from a military friend here. (Including this zip up sweatshirt below) At the time there was a stain on it and I already had one just like it from the Martinson's. So I figured, well I'll pass it on to the garage sale and maybe a military member or spouse will be happy to find it and buy it at the garage sale. A few days after the garage sale Lisa and Erica were so excited to give me a gift they got me at the garage sale!! They couldn't believe they found it! They presented me with this Air Force Zip Up! They were both so excited!!! It was even funnier when they wondered aloud, "I wonder who put that in the garage sale" only for me to reply, "I did." ;-) TOO FUNNY! We had a good laugh and continue to laugh about it today. Erica actually washed it up and was able to remove the stain! So now it's back in the Olson home!!

A friend from church was also snapping pictures during the shower. She's starting her own business in photography and is actually going to take some bump pictures of me and Brent on the beach on Friday... She caught this beauty.....

Which is bigger??? Cuban Booty or Baby Bump! :) Too Funny. 



No comments: