Friday, April 12, 2013

 Can you guess where I am????
No, not the dentist...
no, not a salon...
Yep- the clinic! 

So today I returned for my second Glucose testing. Because the last test was slightly high (maybe the Dunkin Donuts coffee with cream and sugar threw that off?) Anyways- this time around it was a bit more in depth and I also knew NOT to eat or drink anything after mid-night. 

So I went into the clinic this morning around 8am. I knew this test was going to take 3 hours... that was wishful thinking. I sat in the waiting room for about thirty minutes before even being called up about why I was there. About 10 minutes later they took my blood. Then, I would have to wait in the lobby another hour before they would even give me the nasty glucose drink. Once I started to drink it ( I had five minutes) they started to time me for the next three hours I would draw more blood. 

Second attempt at blood was an ouchy! I had to be double stuck because of applicators error so that arm was done for the day after that! Between draw 2 and 3 I started to feel HOT, DIZZY, thinking "I might throw up this fruit punch drink!" So I asked the receptionist if there was a place I could lay down because of these reasons. The picture shown above is where I spent the next hour and a half until the "3 hour process" was complete. Ugh- 

12:20 I was finally released (4 hours and 20 minutes later!) and met Brent for a MUCH needed lunch!! I was starving, which probably had a lot to do with my feeling ill. But- now I'm done, I have two bruised arms from blood being drawn and hopefully this test comes back clear with no high blood sugar! :) 

1 comment:

christa said...

yuk - what a nasty way to spend your morning. any results yet?! praying everything is normal!!