Brent has been researching and eyeing up these paddle boards for weeks now. He lays in bed and watches YouTube videos on paddle boards and adventures people use them for. While Gramps and the girls were here we rented a few "Cheapies" out from base. From that moment he was sold, even on a "cheapy"... We've made a few visits to the LongBoard house in the past couple weeks and yesterday Brent had lined up with one of the owners to take a nice board out to try. We met up with Ken and off Brent went.
He LOVED it! He also said he saw a sting ray when he was out there!!
Even I took myself out for a ride to see how I would enjoy it as well. It is really a cool experience. They are huge boards- 12 feet and five inches thick. They are very stable and you stand and paddle around. You have a great view into the water being five feet above it. A little scary at times I'm sure, but a very neat experience. Ken told us how we could be out there an possibly be very close to dolphins, manatees, etc.!!!
This picture below of me makes me laugh. Have you ever seen Monsters Inc.? I feel like in this picture I look like Mike Wazowski.... Circle Body, long skinny legs. Haha. (See picture below) Not my best angle. :)
![]() |
| Mike Wazowski |
Here is Brent coming in at sun set. Beautiful! :)





2 comments:
I've always wanted to try that! Looks like so much fun!!
It is so much fun!! Work on your Uncle Al, sounds like the girls are trying to convince Sara and Al to get one for the cabin! :)
Post a Comment