Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby Room Colors SET.

Today was another trip to Joanns. Last time I didn't have much luck or inspiration... this time however....I found these following fabrics that I LOVE together. First I found the little birds... then I slowly came across the others that I also loved with it. So... because I can't seem to find bedding I'm in love with, I'm going to make my own curtains for the room and bed skirt. (Maybe bumper) and only have to buy grey fitted sheets. I'm excited and happy about those chosen colors!! Can't wait to get sewing!!

I also got some of this off white/grey burlap. I'm going to cut out a piece that is 8x10 to fit in a picture frame. I will then hot glue these green buttons on forming the shape of Baby Ole's first initial. :) Cute little accent piece to the room. 
We've settled on a crib and dresser/changing table which is nice to get out of the way. It took a lot of number crunching, coupons, and talking to the sales people at babies R us, but I will be able to save us a total of $250!!!! :) Yay!!! Things get more and more real all the time. 

5 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

exciting.. LOVE the colors and glad you posted pics ;-) Sewing it all yourself is the way to go..so much cheaper and meaningful. We didn't know with any of our babies so picked a blue jean denium teddy bear theme with alittle marroon and sewed everything for Lindsey too.. not sure I even have pics of her nursery. I must. But I've gotten way better at taking random pics of kids bedrooms... I'd love to see some old pics of my bedroom, ya know.

ANyways! Happy sewing!!

Katie said...

LOVE the fabrics you choose!! They are so pretty together... or rather handsome I guess?! :) And way to go on the $250 savings!! You are so talented I can hardly wait to see what all you make. My mom made my crib set for Briann... bright royal blue with noah's ark animals. I "knew" she was a boy too ;) HA!!

The Olson's said...

Katie, did you have an ultra sound with Briann and they told you boy?!

christa said...

love the colors/patterns and the burlap and button idea. and $250 in savings. you never cease to amaze me.

The Olson's said...

Christa, ToysRus/BabiesRus are having a promotion right now that if you bring in any used swing, car seat, stroller and many other things (you'll have to look online for details) you get 25% off some of the BIG items in the store... Good until Feb. 10. ** And you'll know by then! :)