Word is out! We officially announced our pregnancy with our Christmas card this year. ( Because only family and close friends can see this blog please let me know if you didn't get one!) Our life is a little less boring with news now because it's more than just work and school! We're having doctor appointments an I'm feeling new things every day. Hopefully the blog will be a little more fun to read now. Well, after the new year... we're headed to MN on Monday so there won't be much blogging then.
Anyways! We are happily out of the first trimester which is a relief. We know way to many people who have suffered miscarriages and it was a worry, but we knew it was in the Lords hands one way or another. We had an ultra sound at 11 weeks and saw our gummy bear dancing around. It was amazing!! Brent was recording, but it wasn't until we got home that we realized our video camera is a bit touchy with the record button and it actually didn't record more than 8 seconds total. We were pretty bummed about that, but what do you do... we'll see baby again in four weeks. :) This morning we had an appointment and the doctor used the doppler to listen to the babies heart beat. It was amazing and that DID get recorded! Every time the little one would kick it would thump on the doppler. I think baby kicked about 5 times! Moving all around... the technology is amazing, this baby is such a blessing. (And the whole creation and development of a baby blows my mind!)
Last Thursday I did start to have some chest pains and back pains. They got pretty severe and I was laid up until Tuesday when I finally went into my doctor. She checked everything and it was all good, but she did want me to go get an EKG and Echo test to check my heart. Today when we recapped the results the doctor did say there was a little inflammation around my heart and that if I wasn't pregnant she would advise me to take Motrin but because I am pregnant I can't. She will want me to see a cardiologist when we get back from MN just to rule out anything serious. (She doesn't think it's anything serious) Also when we get back we will have a level two ultra sound to check the babies anatomy a little closer than a regular ultra sound. (Because of family histories) I'm feeling a little better but mostly just shoulder pain when I'm up and moving around... hopefully that will go away soon. Otherwise I've felt pretty good! :)
We are SOO excited to come home for two weeks.
**Just a side note. We are keeping the pregnancy off Facebook and any other social media. :)
***Another note... as I look at this it's kind of funny because I'm holding Prego and Brent's wearing a TWINS shirt... Just one baby on board for the olson's! :)

2 comments:
Yay!! I'm just SO excited for you two. Thanks for the details, nice to know some specifics to keep in mind when praying. I didn't even catch the Twins shirt implication, good save! Haha, the rumors REALLY would have started flying!
Again, so happy for you guys! And twins?!? Wow!! haha. So fun to go through this journey together with you guys!! See you soon!
Post a Comment