
Merry CHRISTmas!!
This year we are saving paper, postage and addressing envelopes by going digital! (The TRUTH- is that with school, work and the stress of our big move next summer I completely procrastinated this year.)
Things in the Olson house have been good. We've had a busy year with lots of changes but we are very happy! In May, Brent was promoted to First Lieutenant and had a very nice pinning on ceremony at work. Usually at the pinning on mark of his career he would switch jobs, but he chose not to and that puts us in the position to move summer 2012. Our choices were limited and only one U.S. state was included in our choices. Our list has 4 bases in Florida (Macdill, Tynall, Patrick and Eglin) and a NATO base in Geilenkirchen, Germany. Any location will be a new experience and adventure, plus we would be together. There is a small possibility that Brent could get a 1 year unaccompanied tour to South Korea and we DON’T want that, but there isn’t much of a choice if he gets that position. We should find out where we will be moving in February sometime.
I have made two big “moves” personally this past year. One, I switched jobs from the DayCare on base to a paraprofessional position at a near by middle school. I make about the same, work ten hours less a week and the people are super nice at the school. This job was such a blessing with the new school load I was about to take on! Which, brings me to my second big “move”, I am going back to school for Elementary Education. Bemidji State University has an awesome distant learners program for elementary education. Everything is guided through online class discussions, tests, projects, etc. and I have to fly back three times a year for finals in the cities area. I have just completed my first semester and I’m happy to announce I got a 4.0! YAY.
Besides my personal “moves” we’ve also moved out of our tiny one bedroom apartment into a beautiful top floor duplex in Belmont, MA. Double the space easily, garage and basement! It's awesome. We are loving all of the extra space and the feeling of a “home”.
Mox Man is doing great, spoiled as always. No matter what kind of day we had the moment we walk through that door at the end of the day Mox’s excitement to see us puts a smile on our faces. He’s such a sweet pup. We’ve gotten packages from both our parents and they have included a gift for Mox. The moment that box got in the house he was sniffing away like crazy!!!- He has opened all of his gifts and loves them! Thank you from Mox.
Some of the other highlights of our year were: Bruins playoff game on the way to the Stanley Cup, Red Sox vs. Twin’s baseball game with amazing seats and on the field privileges for batting practice, New York City Trip, WICKED on Broadway in NYC, visit from my Momma and sister, apple picking, and Martha’s Vineyard to name a few.
We hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
With Love from our family to yours-
Brent, Lisa and Mox
Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. - Luke 2:10-11
2 comments:
Love it! Great pics of you 3... Merry Christmas!! Missin you... ;( Hope your all over your colds. Just chillin ' beside the pool watchin all my beach babies swim!
Thanks for sharing Lisa!! You will be getting ours, but I procrastinated too so it is very late! :) Miss seeing your smiling face, but glad you have good friends to share the holidays with! Love you all! Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment