Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Snow

Last night we actually saw the weather mans predictions come true. He had been talking all week about snow on Friday and we got some! For us, we didn't get much but some parts of MA got around 8 inches!! EWW. The light 1/2 inch was kind of a nice preview of snow and it wasn't enough to stay so I was excited to see it! It was very wet and heavy snow and there were thousands of power outages in MA. Again, we were fortunate enough to keep our power on during the chilly night!
Today it was chilly but sunny and beautiful! It was a very enjoyable day and now about 90% of the snow that fell is melted away. The school that I work at is about 7 miles north of us and they got hit a little harder with snow (Same with the base). Many of those people lost power and I got a phone call today that school is canceled for tomorrow because they have no power and it won't be on by Monday! Yay!!! :) Happy Birthday to me! And to make things better, Brent got a 100% on his PT test last week and he's awarded three paid days off in the next month! He's taking one tomorrow and we're going to enjoy a nice day together! :)

Now, let me tell you about Mr. 100% PT test because it really isn't an easy thing to do. (Brent's amazing so I guess it doesn't really surprise me!) In order to get a 100% on your PT test you need: to run a mile and a half in 9 minutes and 12 seconds or LESS, your waist has to be 32.5 inches or LESS, you need to do 67 or LESS push-ups in a minute, and 58 or LESS sit-ups in a minute!!! I look at those numbers and would FAIL across the board!!! I'm so proud of him! This was his 6 month PT test and now he doesn't have to do it again for a YEAR! We celebrated by making home making my momma's home made chocolate chip cookies! :)


1 comment:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

yay!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!! Have a great day together! Sorry meant to get a Bday card off in the to you all last week ;( but hope your pics of the kids get to you today. ;-)

Way to go little brother! That is really awesome. I'm proud of you. Love you both!!

No snow here yet, but the weather man mentioned it in the future. Still planting trees, sodding, etc like crazy... but counting the days down. Less then 2 wks!!