Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mint?

So many people LOVE these mints after dinner at a restaurant. I was one of those people until yesterday.....

imgres.jpeg


Yesterday after work Brent and I met at the near by Margarita's restaurant. I had been craving a good fajita all week and we were going to put an end to that craving. Mission accomplished after a nice date with each other. On our way out we grabbed a mint like normal. We don't even get out of the drive way of the restaurant and I swallowed my mint WHOLE! I could feel it in that tricky spot where you kind of panic and you either try to choke it back up or just swallow it. Well in my panic I swallowed it and it didn't go well from then on. It got lodged somewhere on it's way to my stomach and I kept having pretty painful chest pains. If I was going to guess what a minor heart attack would feel like, that would have been it. I held onto my chest tight until we go home, taking little breaths.

Once we got home I laid down, still in pain... we weren't sure what was going on.... did it go down the wrong tube? was it something I needed medical attention for? I could breath, but it wasn't super enjoyable... Brent got me a hot pack (Because I put a hot pack on everything that doesn't feel good :)...) And that seemed to help a little. Brent gave me some big blows to my back to try to shake it up, at that point I didn't care how hard they were I wanted to get that mint loose. I drank a little water and still nothing was helping. After laying in bed on my stomach for almost an hour I finally felt like I was getting better. Finally about 2 hours from swallow time I felt normal again. It was a pretty scary and painful experience and that will be the LAST TIME I EVER EAT A DINNER MINT!

No comments: