Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gram's Pasta Salad in BULK

One of our all time favorite foods is Gram D's pasta salad! Although I still can't make it as good as hers... hmmm... it still turns out pretty good! The last month every other week we've been making Gram's pasta salad for our lunches. Thankfully we are the type of people who can eat the same thing multiple days in a row! It saves us money that way!! With very few ingredients you can make this pasta salad in bulk for the whole week for under 10 dollars! :) (When easily you can spend close to $10 a day on lunch out here! Nuts.) Plus it's a cold meal so you don't need to warm it up! Just grab it from the fridge and enjoy.

As easy as this pasta salad is to make, today I made it beyond difficult! First, I get making things only to find out, I don't have right noodles. Usually Gram uses small shells, and so do we so we were going to use ruffles and elbow noodles. (Two boxes makes enough for the both of us for 5 days.) I start the first box of noodles, only to forget about them and they were on the stove for 20 extra minutes! UGH! Moooshy noodles in the trash. So, I had to walk away from making it, I was not taking the mooshy noodle thing well.... About 30 minutes later I try again. Next batch turned out good. yay!! The following batch would have to be two boxes of Macaroni noodles because that is all I had left. (It isn't to upsetting because the Mac N' Cheese was the thick and creamy kind and that makes me sick... so I was happy to use it in some way) Everything turned out fine with that batch as well. Time to get mixing. Only to find out, I didn't have any pea's!!! Ooooooooh Boy. So Brent being the amazing hubby he is, picked some up on his way home from hockey.
So yes, it was an emotional afternoon with this pasta salad, but now it's done, packed up ready for lunches and I can rest!


Soooo Yummy!
Love these little zip lock containers! They work perfect for portion control! :)
All ready for the week of lunches! --- Brent had to work AGAIN today... Poor guy didn't get a weekend at all, but he does have Friday and Monday off and I do as well. So we are both looking forward to a four day work week followed by a four day weekend. Have a good week everyone!!

No comments: