Good morning readers :)
Today is Rosh HaShanah and Lexington Public schools observes this day by having no school! (I think there are a lot of Jewish folks in Lexington, MA) I'm not to familiar with the holiday but from what I've gathered it is the beginning of the Jewish new year. One of my ADHD students is Jewish and was a little disappointed that I had not wished him a Happy New Year??? (I was a little lost by that because I had no idea what Rosh HaShanah even was.) We got that straitened out though...
So today I have the day off. Such a treat. I was able to sleep in until 10:30!! That's right, 10:30! I probably could have gone longer but a guy was replacing a door under our bedroom so it got kind of noisy. Now I'm blogging and will be spending the rest of my day/evening doing homework. I want to get far ahead so I can enjoy the weekend and not be consumed with homework 24-7.
Brent has been working long hours the last few days. End of the fiscal year gets to be stressful. Closing is Friday so tonight and tomorrow will be long and he'll probably have to go in Saturday but then hopefully things get back to normal. Saturday I will be joining a bunch of our couple friends to go apple picking in a near by town. I'm pretty excited about it. I would be more excited if Brent was going to come, but I am looking forward to the fall fresh air and taking some fun pictures!
Speaking of apple picking, I found this on Etsy that I really like! I'm thinking about making them as Christmas gifts for all of my co-worker teachers??? :) What do you think???

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71270263/green-apple-cozy-with-apple-button?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=apple+cozy&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
1 comment:
Morning! I slept later than you!!! I"ll just say, it's been a LONG week. ;( Sure felt good! Boys are napping, girls are outside, it's SO beautiful out. Gonna get some school prep done for next wk ;) finish canning my beets and head out too!
We just celebrated Rosh Hashanah- A Spiritual New year! Studying the OT this year- from creation all the way to the Greeks. Also learned about the Sabbath (haven't had a free Fri/Sat yet to take in all that involves :) BUT I am lovin' not just reading the Bible stories but taking part and practicing the Hebrew traditions, all the small details and the meanings behind it... Remember (over 300 times in Bible!) the deeds of the Lord!
I think that apple is adorable!
Hope you can enjoy some free time this weekend together..we're off to a bonfire tonight!
Bummer about you're chex mix.. ;( Alyssa made a new one for Nollie's party last night with Golden Graham cereal and preztel M and M's in it. ;)
Post a Comment