Monday, February 21, 2011
Thought I'd never say it....
I was BACK on ski's today! Trust me, I was terrified, but we took it slow by cross country skiing. It was actually a lot of fun too! It was the perfect day for it : Sunny, 35-40 degrees, and big white fluffy snow! We rented ski gear from base and got to the ski lodge to start and realized they gave me two right foot boots! UGH. Thankfully they were renting them at the lodge for cheaper than we got them on base. So we were on our way! I was so scared the first couple minutes. It was mostly flat so as long as I stayed in some tracks I felt pretty comfortable. I only had one fall and took one small hill by "butt" because I was to scared. I had that knee brace strapped on so tight!!!!! We skied about 4 miles in two hours and really enjoyed the scenery, the peace and quiet of nature and each others company.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go!! Trails look so pretty. what a fun thing to do together! I've crossed county skied a fews times and really liked it!
Don't be scared! As a post knee surgery patient (and a really bad one!) my doc told me that my knee was actually stronger after surgery than before in its healthy state! So try new stuff! Go skiing, it will help strengthen that leg up so you can be on my alumni vb team next year!! :) Beautiful pics too!!
Post a Comment