Saturday, September 18, 2010

Taggies

First off, because my mom didn't know what a taggie was, let me explain. It is a small blanket (13x13inches) and there are different color and textures of ribbons around it. It is a great size for little ones, has different colors and textures for there sensory needs and is usually very cozy!

I was asked by a friend if I could make her 6 month old a taggie. I had never made a taggie before so I looked it up on google a little bit and thought, well this couldn't be too hard! I accepted her request and made three today! They were super easy, so fun and very cute!!


I really appreciated Brent's suggestions :) (Notice I stole him from football)


I bought all of this ribbon on sale for a dollar each!



3 comments:

Micah said...

Those turned out so cute! I think you should move back and start doing craft fairs with jill and i :)

The Olson's said...

haha! Yeah, I would love that. It would be so nice to be able to make them to sell them :) If people would actually buy my stuff! haha I don't know if it's THAT good!

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Super cutE! These babies are expensive in the stores! Can't tell if there fleece or maybe flannel..love the butterfly print. Have you seen that nubbie type fleece?

One thing I've always wanted to try is putting an empty chocolate chip bag or plastic wipe package- that is super crinkly between the fabric. Like alot of baby toys and some small taggie type blanket/toys are crinkly. Know what I mean?? Babies love to play with those...

Also- cute pacifier holders made out of ribbons are really popular.
I totally love rosettes these days..made 1 headband for Carly that was ok. Keep playing and making things b/c someday you won't have the time! ;)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/fifiscloset?ref=seller_info I would like to try some of these rosette necklaces for the girls sometime.
Happy sewing- keep it up it looks great! And isn't it funny how the guys get involved- it's kinda funny to see them take an interest and give their opinions. Jared usually helps me out alot in the planning department- lol.