Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sewing Sunday

Today I was so excited to start testing out my quilting skills! I couldn't decide on one certain design so I thought I would take the day to make different pattern squares and then will put them all together into one baby quilt once I complete 20 squares. Today is a chilly fall day and we had the door and window's open for the fresh air.. chilly enough to bust out the fluffy winter socks!
Brent thought this site was pretty funny! With our higher table it is hard to reach the pedal for my sewing machine so I took a basket to lift it off the floor a bit. When you are sewing you need to be comfortable right?

Here is what I complete in my four hours of quilting! I was starting to get burnt out so I think I'm done for the day.


The new kit that I got with the measuring board and "pizza cutter" is AWESOME. If you like to quilt or sew this is a MUST. It makes things so much quicker and way easier to be accurate! I love it.



My boys were troopers today while I ditched them for sewing... they caught up on some Z's, football and took a 10 mile bike ride!!!




2 comments:

Micah said...

It looks great Lisa! Love the pic of the peddle and your socks. You're right..that mat and cutter are AMAZING. I LOVE mine!

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

yes love my cutter- it's a must have! You see that new free quilt pattern on her blog?!

Think you should also check out 'Trip around the World' quilt pattern- I think it's the easiest one out there!

I took a beginnings class on it when we were first married and in 2 sessions we had the top of our queen size quilts done. It was fun- I had Audrey O. quilt it together when we moved out here and it was on Carly's bed for several years. Difiantly something I'm glad I took the time to do and will always keep it on the fam!