Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Two Tutu's

A month ago miss Abby had a birthday! For her birthday I made her and Chloe tutu's for dress up! It was fun for me to be able to pick out colors I thought they would like, try a new project by making the tutu's for the girls, and making something I thought they would really love!
This is such a simple project for you who have little girls!


Elastic to fit around childs waist
6 yards of tulle ( I used three yards of one color and three of the other color)
Cut tulle into 6 inch by 36 inch strips
Sew elastic together to make circle for waist
Tie on tulle until full enough for your liking. (I tied on the colors so one color was on the top and another color was on the bottom so it was reversible.)
Add any ribbon, jewels, fabric....anything you want to jazz it up!


I think the girls liked them :-)


Looks like Tutu's from Uncle Bubba and Auntie Lisa and shirts from Uncle Brock and Auntie Kalene :) I just love this picture!
Thanks for being such great models Abby and Chloe!!


2 comments:

Micah said...

you are so talented! they turned out so cute!!!

Jill O. said...

The tutu's are so fun, and the girls wear them all the time! Now that "So You Think You Can Dance," is on TV again, I am sure the girls will be wearing them a lot more too!!! Thanks again!!!