Monday, June 7, 2010

Catching up...

Hello Blog Followers!
It's been awhile since I've updated... just don't have the "down time" like I use to! haha. First off, the Job. Things are going great! I've had two paychecks hit our account and it was very exciting! What I am doing is basically babysitting in a classroom setting. I work in infants so we have kids ages 6 weeks to a year. There are four kids to one me and eight kids total in a classroom. At first I was a little nervous about the whole idea of 8 babies for 8 hours! But now, three weeks in, I'm loving it! I have fallen in love with all these little babies in my classroom! :-) It's so fun to see them roll over,sit up, stand by themselves, laugh, start walking, eating table food. The simple things in a babies life I am able to enjoy every day. :-)

Next up, my sewing life... Haven't done much. However, I have thought about getting into quilting... haven't started any projects yet, but that is what my next mission is I think....I did go to JoAnn's and pick up some clearance fabric pieces that I liked. Just to mess around with. I started by sewing a Pot holder. (haha. funny) I just needed to warm up my sewing hands again! I love the colors/patterns of the fabric....


Next item on our week list, we have been searching for a dresser for awhile. The idea has always been there but we haven't seriously gone out to search until this last weekend. We hit up Bob's Furniture and found a dresser we really liked and then found out it wouldn't be in stock until July. I wasn't crazy about waiting... so we headed up to New Hampshire and went to the Bob's there. We checked out there clearance garage (Same place we got our cheap couch) and sure enough.... there was the same dresser HALF PRICE!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes and I was so stoked. There was a little bump on the back corner and it was missing the middle leg (to help with weight) but they gave us one to twist in. It was such an awesome deal!! Also being in NH there is no sales tax so we got it for a great deal! :-) One of the best things about this dresser is the size, color and the fact that one drawer holds 12 pairs of jeans!!!!

Now we are just looking for ideas of "wall art" for over our bed/dresser....any suggestions?





3 comments:

Katie said...

Super pretty dresser Lisa!! I love it! I am really into all those dark woods lately, and am loving this one!! I think your favorite wedding picture or three of them would look cool over it... or three of Mox, whatever you like ;)

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

that's a good idea, Katie.

I'm on the hunt for a pair of big ol' 50s lamps, nice and tall, and I think I'm gonna spray paint a shiny chrome silver and get new drum shades and cover with burlap. Something like that might look nice on each side of bed? Pottery barn idea.

Check out their site. Collages, personalized stuff that's different from the "home decor' stores is really in. What about different size and textured empty picture frames all over?!

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

ever heard of 'trip around the world' quilt pattern?? We made quilts using that pattern with ladies from our church years ago. Fun and easy pattern. Was and will be the only quilt I ever make though. :) I found the top (a full) when we moved out here and took it to Audrey O. to put it together with batting and her quilting machine.