Friday, May 14, 2010

First Day

Sorry I didn't update with a blog last night but I was so exhausted! This is how my day went...

Woke up at 6:30 when Brent leaves for work to take Mox out. Showered and ate a "good" breakfast before my first day. I was suppose to stop into HR at 8 to sign papers. (She told me 8 would give me enough time to get to the CDC in time for work at 9) Signing papers took 5 minutes.... so I sat in my car for 55 minutes until I could start my first day! In the morning we went through all of the rules and how things were ran. In the afternoon I was able to sit in a classroom and observe the teachers and kids.

There are 18 classrooms at the CDC. 60 teachers and 250 kids from infant to 6 years! I will be starting out in an infant classroom working from 7:30-2 M-F as what they call a floater. I basically am not a "teacher" yet, but I float between rooms to help cover breaks, lunches, bathroom stops. There must always be a ratio of kids to adult and they are very strict about it.

I think its going to take some getting use to and a lot of vitamin C and Ibuprofen. (haha, but seriously) I work with a trainer for the next three days and then I'm on my own! Yikes. There is a lot of room to grow in this job and learn a lot so I'm excited about that.

After work I HAD to go to the grocery store. I've been making the craziest combination of meals for dinner trying to eat stuff that we had. So I had a cart full of groceries to bring up to our third floor no elevator. (Those are fun days!) Brent and I ate dinner and watched TV before heading to bed. I was SO tired. I worked two days this week but I"M SO GLAD ITS FRIDAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Micah said...

thanks for the update! I had no idea it was such a large number of students. Wow. I think the infant room would be a fun one. I'm sure you'll get into the groove quickly and I know the kids will all love you!