Saturday, May 1, 2010

Finishing up Mom's trip

Wrapping up mom's visit to Boston! We had such a great time and did so many fun things that even Brent and I hadn't tried yet! Here are a few more pictures of her trip! ;-) Thanks for coming out mom!! We LOVED having you. We Love you!

Mom and I will Paul Revere! He was walking around outside his house waiting for his historical ride to take place! ( I tried to upload a picture of his house but it wouldn't let me!) Paul Reveres original house still stands! His home was build in 1680 and Paul Revere and his family lived in it 1770-1800. The house has also been a candy store, cigar factory, bank and vegetable and fruit business. It was then bought by Reveres grandson and renovated it back to his grandfathers home. It is the oldest building still standing in downtown Boston.

The street in front of Paul Reveres house was made of stones :-)
Mom and I in front of down town Boston!
We needed to make sure that we got my mom fried oysters and fried clams. When my mom had taken a trip to the east coast with her parents and siblings back in the day she remembers eating fried oysters or fried clams ( I can't remember which) so we went out to eat at the Barking Crab. It is on the North side of downtown Boston and right on the water! We got the oysters and clams... ick. Mom and Brent didn't seem to mind them, but they were not for me. Here is mom enjoying her fried seafood....
Such a fun trip! Thanks again for coming out momma!!

No comments: