Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Special Painting

When I was back home the first time around I was subbing in the high school a lot and a few times I was in the art room with a student. Deanna Olson is a very gifted and talented artist!! She was also in the classroom during the time I was. She was working on a painting she did for Jordan and it was amazing! I asked her if she would ever want to paint one for Brent and I for a cost of course... (Paintings from a store are so expensive!)

Deanna was more than willing to do a painting for us for free. (She isn't going to get away with doing that empty handed though....) She painted a beautiful 3x4 foot canvas painting in the color swatches I requested. She was able to get it finished before Christmas which was awesome! It melted my heart when I saw the finished product and as meaningful as the painting is on the front, her note on the back was so very special. :)

Anyways... Now we had this 3x4 painting to get back to Boston! We ran out of time before we headed back. Well, the second trip around my mom had found the most perfect box from the furniture store!!!! So a week ago I packed it up before we left and sent it out!! Today, it arrived at our door! I was so excited! I opened it like I had never seen it!! :) It looks perfect in our home. Deanna is so talented with her art! We feel so lucky to have one of her pieces!

Thank you so much Deanna- you are such a sweetheart and a gifted artist!! :-) We LOVE the painting and look forward to showing it off to many of our friends.






We decided we would hang it above our TV so that everyone could see it!


We LOVE that she personalized the painting to us. SO cool!


Mox just hanging out with his "blankie"... I think he missed it!!

The "LOVE" letters that I had created before and hung above the T.V were replaced by our beautiful painting from Deanna, but I found a home for them in our kitchen! :)



2 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful! And I love that you found a new home for the LOVE letters cause those are a personal favorite of mine too! :) Deanna is a very gifted artist, and it looks great at your place!

Micah said...

Wow. That looks great! i like the placement of your LOVE too! I agree..I'm glad you found somewhere to put them!