Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Aprons, Aprons Everywhere!

For Christmas, Steve and Jan gave all the grand-kiddo's aprons! With my "sewers mind" I thought, how easy would that be. So I created one that was the same style as the kids. Then mom and I were at Ben Franklin and saw a different style of aprons and I tried a few of those. I had a couple special requests for one and a few that were given as gifts. I had fun making them!! So much more fun making something for someone rather than just making it for who knows.

Today I finished mom's!!
The button is an Irish claddagh (claw-duh) symbol. The hands of the ring are shown holding the heart and the hands denote friendship and togetherness, the heart itself signifies love and the crown in the claddagh ring stands for loyalty.
Micah's Birthday Gift
Jan's fourth of July inspired apron!
my Gram! (I don't know what happened to the bottom of the picture :(.... ) Gram's also has a claddagh symbol button because she gives us the most Irish!!

Thanks for being my models and fans of my work!! :) I appreciate it.

No comments: