Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sew much fun!

Yesterday was a successful sewing day! I made four baby girl burp rags and I took a bunch of scraps I had from making the nieces hats for Christmas and made it into a mini blanket.


When Eddy Martinson was born I made him a big baby blanket and then a little one too, and Jill said it worked perfect for his car seat when he was little and easy for a little baby to hold on to and carry around. Just need to go buy some fabric to put on the back side.


The great thing about this design is you don't have to match your squares up perfectly... just close. Because you cover the side that would show all mistakes and you fringe the other side! :)


I really enjoy doing this stuff! :-)
Set of four burp rags







We don't have a table so my desk had to become the work station for the week! :)






Today I have a few more fabrics to work with! :)

2 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Looks good! So glad you're keeping busy while the hubby is away. Never seen the fringed edge on the burp cloths. They look so nice- love the fabric! Great gifts... waiting to hear Derek and Jill's exciting news...should be any minute now!!!

Katie said...

So now are you working on any BOY things?! Heard the news yesterday and an so excited for them and all the new aunties and uncles!! :)