First, let me tell you a story from when I was maybe 5 or 6. When we were visiting my grandparents in Minneapolis my Gramps and Gram took me and my mom to The Wizard of Oz on Ice! It was awesome! I have so many memories from that day. Where we sat, the house that would come 10 feet off the ground and spin while it was in the "tornado", the dark green Wizard of Oz shirt I got, and by far the best was my Tin man cup snowcone! Such a great childhood memory for me. When I was in Mississippi this last week Brent and I were driving and we saw a huge rink that had advertising for NEMO on Ice!! We drove by because at the point we were headed somewhere else, Brent said we would stop on the way back and see when it was playing. On our way back we pulled in and pulled right into the parking ticket line. Brent goes, "well, I guess we are going!"- I felt like a little kid... I was so excited. We went in and I really wasn't sure how Brent would like it. It's basically a musical on ice... but I think he was pretty into the first half! :) We got some cotton candy that came with a Nemo hat and Brent was a good fan and wore it the whole show! :) What a sport. Then to relive my favorite part of Wizard of Oz, I got a NEMO glass filled with snow cone! It was such a fun and unexpected adventure we had! I'm so glad we were able to go. As we sat there I kept saying, Oh I wish (Stoskof kids, Martinsons, Chloe and Abby, weston, Paige and Anson, and ema) were here to watch this. I especially thought this would be awesome for Abby Olson. :) She just loves to dance and sing and this would have been just the place for her!!
2 comments:
sounds like a fun time!
lisa! i always see the previews for ice shows like that and think it would be a blast to take some of the kids, just never actually done it before!! glad you guys had a good time and Bubs was such a good sport for you :)
Post a Comment