Today I went up to Denver for a second opinion. My Uncle has a close family friend who is a doctor and he squeezed me in today for a second opinion. I brought him my MRI disk and we went over it. He said the Meniscus looks good. There is a bit of swelling inside the knee and the bones are a little brused. But my ACL is completely torn, will not even show up in the picture. :-( So I will need reconstructive surgery.
He said he can get me in early next week so I think I'm going to jump on that option to get it out of the way sooner than later. My mom's sister, kathleen, and her family live in denver so they will pick me up and take me into their home for the first couple days.
I am planning on being back at work in a week from the surgery. I will be in a strait leg brace for two weeks and then go back for a check up when they will take stitches out and hopefully loosen the brace a little so I don't have to be strait legged. I'll keep everyone posted. Thank you all for your prayers, I really appreciate it.
1 comment:
I can't believe this is happening to you!!! Hang in there!!! I know you have a very good male nurse that can help you out too.;) Hope the surgery goes well, we will be praying for you!!!
Post a Comment