Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Baby Ole #2 - 18 Weeks

I seriously can't believe that I'm already 18 weeks along! Wow!! Time is just flying with everything that is going on. We had a doctors appointment in Fargo on Monday. Because of the spots on Ellis as a little babe, that lead to the detection that my auto immune numbers aren't normal, we have to see this specialist in Fargo just as a precaution. Although I have wacky numbers that would lead them more towards thinking Lupus or Sjogrens disease could be in my future potentially, they are treating me as if I had it. That's because, with women who have either disease, their babies can develop a heart block between 16-26 weeks. If caught early enough, oral steroids could help reverse the issue, if not caught in time, it isn't reversible and baby would need a pacemaker after birth. Now that sounds so dramatic, I know, I was freaking out... Good news: 1. it only occurs in 2% of women and 2. Women WITH Lupus or Sjogrens Disease, I don't have either at this point. So I'm feeling pretty good about everything, but we'll be safe and watch. With that, I should be seen in Fargo once a week, but they are being flexible and letting me do doppler heart checks every other week in Baudette to save the trips. So, if you could just pray for us there, we'd appreciate it. :) :)

Ok-- I had to pull up Ellis' weekly updates to remember what I covered with him! A lot of these posts will be fun for us to look back on over the next 80 years and on for the kiddos, so sorry if I share to much! :) Here we go:

Weight Gain: Definately. I've gained 8-10lbs at this point.

Maternity Clothes: I'm not wearing any yet, and not because I don't need them, because pants I do!! But more is I'm being stubborn in buying anything because I have all newer stuff from Ellis' pregnancy it's just in storage until we move into our house. Bummer. Stretchy pants it is!

Sleep: What is sleep. I don't think I've had a full nights sleep since I was in early pregnancy with Ellis.

Stretch Marks: no

Best Moment: Monday- we got to see our little baby for a good 45 minutes on the screen and even got a 3d image!!!!

Baby Ole #2 is the size of a green bell pepper and weighs 8oz!

Missing anything: Sleep.

Movement: Oh yes!! Last week I thought I was starting to feel movement and oh boy is this baby a mover, and I love it. Allows me to know baby is ok!!

Food Cravings: You know, once thing I've noticed a difference between this pregnancy and Ellis was I'm not a big sweet tooth this time around. Lately (last couple weeks) my big thing has been soups, especially chicken wild rice!!   Coffee just isn't the same to be when pregnant and that was the same with Ellis, and that doesn't help that I'm not getting my normal jump start! haha.

Sick/Queezy: I really haven't been sick at all this pregnancy. Just more headaches.

Starting to show: Yep! :) Got my little baby bump. Stay tuned for a bump picture next week! :)

Mood: Besides all the stress that's going on with us building a house, new job, new business (photography) and living in a houseful of people and two yippie dogs, I think I'm a bit more "Cranky" this pregnancy. haha.

Looking forward to: Our house progression!! First floor walls are up and hopefully today we'll have second floor walls!

3 comments:

christa said...

Yay! So fun to follow your progress again! So amazing to see such a clear picture at such an early stage! Incredible! We'll be praying for safety throughout for both you and baby #2!

Emily said...

So exciting!! Love the updates!!

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

yes- exciting!! haven't checked the ol' blog in a while. ha ha! LOVE the house pics!! We will be praying for you and baby!! When's next apt here?