Sunday, July 28, 2013

Brush the dust off...

So it's been awhile since I've sat down with my good friend, the sewing machine. Friday I busted it out because I just had an itch to sew. I wasn't sure how it would go with Ellis, but it was successful! He slept in his bounce chair the whole time. I think he liked the noise and the shake of the table from the running sewing machine. :)


Friday I made a tote bag, which I still need to take a picture of. Today I made another tote bag and also found this button up shirt of Brent's that shrunk in the wash, in my fabric bin.... What can I do with this fun print???

Well, I decided I would make Ellis some jammie pants! :) Funny enough, I was able to make him a complete pair of pants with JUST the sleeves of Brent's button up shirt... funny.

Now, I don't use a pattern, I find them to be to frustrating, so I winged it! I traced around a pair of pants Ellis already had (leaving room for the sewing) and I was off.

I added in a little ribbon draw string and ta-da! We've got lazy pants!! Now do they fit??....

.... wait, I can't check yet because my boys are "watching" NASCAR and don't want to be disturbed...

Alright, diaper change and he's BARELY up, but the pants DO fit!! Yahoo! Wish I could have gotten a better picture of them. Next time he wears them. :)

1 comment:

steve said...

Oh so cute. You are so creative and such a good mommy too. Nice to have things back to normal?!! He looks like he is really growing.