Today we had another Dr. Appt. At first it wasn't going the way I had hoped. We found out that our Dr. wasn't there because she was off "Catching a baby" and that we'd have to see the PA (Practitioner Assistant) who seems really young and still "learning". (We've had a few encounters with her in the past...) We checked Baby Ole's heart beat- sounded strong... I was checked for dilation, barely half a finger tip, and then I asked about his positioning. We really wanted to know if we were going to be scheduling a csection or not during this visit. After a few long minutes of sitting and waiting impatiently I HEARD Dr. Thomas's voice in the hall! YES! She's BACK!
We were able to get another ultra sound to see if in fact he was still breech. He was... same position he's been in for the last 6 weeks! So it was then time to pick Baby Ole's birthdate. SO WEIRD to have that control.... we talked about dates and she looked into her calendar. She asked, "What sounds better 6-12-13 or 6-13-13???" Both are great. The 12th is my dad's birthday and the 13th for obvious reasons was a Brent favorite. A few minutes later we found out that the hospital we are delivering at didn't have any openings for that day so we'd go with JUNE 14th, 2013!!! We have an early morning operation room appointment. Show up at 5:30, surgery at 7:30, over by 8:30 (She said it should be an hour from start to finish for me.) She also mentioned that it was good to do it early in the morning because I have to fast the night before, this way I won't starve all day long waiting.
We were glad to be able to have a few moments with Dr. Thomas after her busy day of being in and out of the office delivering 3 babies today! She was very comforting in what to expect and I feel confident in her work and all that will take place in JUST 11 days... 11 DAYS!! We've been waiting months and now we are 11 day away. Crazy.
We have another appointment next Monday. I asked what we should expect for that appointment, she said, just to say hi. ;-)
So Baby Ole will be born June 14th, 2013 unless he decides to come any earlier. Nuts! Parents to a baby on the OUTSIDE in 11 days. She also said we should be out of the hospital by Sunday if all goes well for both me and baby. The stapes will be placed internally and will dissolve over time (?) ... So for father's day... Brent will get to bring home his SON. How special.
4 comments:
im so excited for you guys!!! make shure you take lots of pictures of him when he is born im excited to see what he looks like!!! love you guys and miss you! ALYSSA
Oh my, we need to get skype soon!! And I think the 14th is very appropriate because he will be born on FLAG DAY. Mr. miltary baby, maybe you should name him SAM as in Uncle Sam or something...NO forget that jk!! We're so excited for you. Will keep praying for things to go well! Love ya. Mom
So exciting, Lisa!! Thanks for giving me access to your blog again. I love knowing what's going on with you guys. June 14th, YEAY!!!
ok, this made me tear up a little (but what doesn't these days!) SO exciting!!!!! best Father's Day gift ever!
Post a Comment