Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Energizer "Momma"

Yesterday was a long day of nesting. I felt good and once I started these projects I wanted to complete them, no matter what. So this last weekend Brent and I went out and bought the crib and dresser from Target. Brent is so busy and works to much so I knew this would be something I would put together myself. Can I just say that these two items came in about a MILLION pieces! It was an all day project to put these together, but I'm SO happy it's done and that they look so great! :)

Process....


I'll have to take better pictures with an actual camera when I'm finished with the room but here is a sneak peak of Baby Ole's nautical themed room! :)

Obviously this corner still needs some attention! :) But the hard part (the crib assembly) is done!

One of my favorite pieces of Baby Ole's room is the custom sign I made him. With the whole nautical theme, I came across the verse in Hebrews:

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:19

So with the help of some stencils, paint and free hand painting I was able to create a pretty nice piece. (First time using stencils!)




After a busy day of nesting yesterday-- my body is feeling it today. I had planned to "take it easy" today... but I'm already feeling anxious to DO stuff around the house... we'll see. Maybe I'll "take it easy" sitting at the sewing machine. ;-) 

1 comment:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

LOVE this- great job! I got a long silver necklace with a navy anchor on it.. wore it to our girls Jr High group and talked about my anchor.