Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Baby Ole- 31 Weeks!

First off, a shout out to Grandpa Steve Olson!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 

Here we are at our weekly check in. 31 weeks. I was telling MJean tonight at dinner (they are here visiting for a week!) that I think the MOST exciting time, besides finding out your pregnant is like weeks 12-20. 12 is when many choose to share with people their news, 16-18 weeks you normally find out what you are having, 18-20 weeks you start to feel the first flutters, and 20 weeks you are half way!  So now, at 31 weeks, I'm so excited to meet this little guy and anxious for his arrival, but wanting him to stay put until he's done "cooking". :) 9 weeks or so! 

Total weight gain: It's getting up there... I haven't even weighed myself this week. 

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new, LOVING the long tanks I ordered from Old Navy. I have 5 of them ini multiple colors and wear them almost daily! (Especially now that it's starting to get so humid...) I accidentally ordered two grey tanks, but after splatting myself with caesar dressing last week on one of them, I am glad I have another one I can wear in public that doesn't have a grease/ oil stain! :) 

Story: So Brent volunteered us to help out with a picnic type reopening of a military place on the beach next Friday. He gave the lady our t-shirt sizes and then forwarded that email to me. Brent writes, "I'll take a Large t-shirt and my wife will take a Large t-shirt also, she's pregnant." It made me laugh because although Brent was being totally considerate of my comfort by ordering me a Large (which is the size t-shirt I prefer to wear of his) I still fit fine in a medium. It's only my SMALL shirts that are getting tight in the belly! So--- I may be swimming in my t-shirt next week! :) 

Sleep: Sleep is going fine. I've been getting up with Brent in the mornings (6-6:30am). I sure can accomplish a lot when I wake up that early and I'm dead tired by the time we go to bed at night. 

Best Moment of the week: We had our last level 2 ultra sound last Thursday. It was a pretty quick trip in and out. Baby was beech and facing away from the camera so we didn't get the best pictures. We did get a nice little shot of his short fat foot! :) 5 toes accounted for on that foot!  That's the last time we will see Baby Ole until he arrives in person! Doctor said everything looks really good, he might be a little on the "big" size, but nothing to worry about. 

Today we finally got back out on our paddle boards in a new location! All of us went- mox included. It was great! Details tomorrow. 

Miss anything: I'm getting by pretty well. :) My feet are starting to swell if I'm on them to long (and a combination with the humidity.) 

Movement: Yep. I feel like my belly is so lopsided most the time because of how Baby is positioned. There are times I can feel two rounder things, I think one end must be his butt and the other his head? It's crazy. He's still getting hiccups pretty regularly.  

Food Craving: Alfredo sauce over noodles with shrimp. It's been my lunch lately- easy to make and yummy. 

Bump: Below is my view down. 


This was me at 8 weeks or so.... 

This is me at 31 weeks! Oooh how I hope I bounce back! :) I've heard breast feeding helps with that! 

Gender: Baby BOY! 

Belly Button: Slowly working it's way out... 

Wedding Rings: Still on, fitting a little more like they probably should. 

Looking forward to: Date night (which I'm planning but have no plans yet ;)) 

5 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Wow i cant wait to meet baby Ole!! Did you mean breech instead of beech???

steve said...

You look just beautiful Lisa! You will bounce back, it looks all baby to me. Just look at Deanna, you would never know she had a baby. I'm getting excited to meet little ole too. You'll have to show a picture in your "Lg" t-shirt, it may look like a dress. :>)Take care.
Jan

The Olson's said...

Yep Breech. :) Oops.

christa said...

you are all baby - you will have no problem bouncing back!! fun to see the difference of eight weeks and now!

Stephanie said...

YouYou look soo cute!! I guarantee breast feeding helps with the bouncing back! I tried to lose weight before having Emerson and it just fell off after I had him and all credit goes to breast feeding! :) Fear not! :) soo happy to hear of the cancelled deployment by the waay! The Lord is SO good!! I've just been aching and praying for you both for SO long! :)