Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mahi Mahi time!

One fish Brent has really wanted to fish for since being here is Mahi Mahi or Dolphin's as they call it here... A friend of ours, Darian, owns a nice big fishing boat invited Brent and Fafo out for a day of Mahi Mahi fishing! Brent was pretty excited! He woke up at 4 am and from there their day started! They quickly caught a few when they first got out there. They spent 11 hours on the water! I think they came back with 5 total Mahi Mahi and were about 30 miles out from land.
How happy does this guy look!?
I'm told that they are beautiful in color. This picture doesn't
do it justice!

This is the top of a shell of a tortoise! I'm told it was at least 5 feet by 5 feet!! HUGE. 
They also saw a few sharks and a couple pods of dolphin's swimming around. Sounded pretty neat!  
 

They had a long day on the water but Brent had a good time and was glad to catch some Mahi Mahi!! Today we were invited over to Joy and Darian's house for lunch where Darian grilled the Mahi Mahi in all different styles/seasonings for us to try! Such a treat! 

3 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

wow Bubs, looks real fun! YOu guys better squeeze in as much fun FL experiences as you can!! I think we've eaten that once and really liked it. jealous.... ;-)
Funny, I'm in shorts and a tank for some reason, freezing, the space heater on my feet and a real prairie blizzard going on out my window watchin 7 snow covered deer eat in the field.

christa said...

i'm pretty sure i saw a picture of bubba not looking so smiley on the boat. thought maybe he got a little seasick being out there for so long. but looks like they had a great time!!

The Olson's said...

Christa, I think the picture you probably got was focusing on Brent's awesome "FLOW" of hair?? He's been rocking a 3-4 inch long comb over for a few weeks now. Last night it kept getting in my face and today he finally cut it off!!! yay! Look again at the pic and see if his flow is flying wild. ;)