Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Olson Diet Change

We were eating a lot of these.... 

So we decided it was time we needed to be healthier and have healthy snacks in the house. Plus being pregnant you have to plump yourself full of all kinds of foods (fruits and veggies included!) Anything to make post baby weight less, I'm for it! 

So I went grocery shopping.... 


I also found some bisquick, which might not really be healthy but it's our FAVORITE and we haven't been able to find it here in FL. Well, I accidentally ran into Bisquick in the CAKE department? No, not near the cereal isle, and NO, not near the pancake stuff, but in the cake isle. Whatever, I don't care! I found it!!! :) Happy us. We love having pancakes on Saturdays here.

With some of my healthy fruits I made up this little mixture! Enough for both Brent and I to enjoy a large container of it each day. 

Tonight, for the first time ever, I attempted an easy Pinterest crockpot recipe for French Dip Sandy's. 
Seriously, easiest thing I've ever made. (that was actually "homemade") -- Recipe Below. 

Brent got his sandwhich and Au Jus ... I patiently waited for his response. He's pretty opinionated when it comes to food. ;) As I waited for him to take his second bite.... He looked up at me and said...... wait for it.......


"I would PAY for this sandwich!"

SAY WHAT?! :) WHOOHOO SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't find long french rolls but I did find the "bun" version and we both agreed that having a good bread makes the difference. Easy easy easy. Try it, you won't be disappointed. 


--- You will impress guests with this one!! 

Ingredients: 
  • 4 lb rump roast
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1 can condensed french onion soup
  • 1 can of beer
  • 6 french rolls
  • butter (for bread) 
Directions: (Prepare yourself for EASY!) 
  • Trim excess fat from rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on low setting for 7 hours. 
  • Preheat oven 350. 
  • Split french rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes or until heated through. 
  • Slice the meat on the diagonal (thinly) and place on the rolls. Serve with sauce. 
EASY AS THAT!! We were able to get 8 of these rolls out of this recipe. 

No comments: