Sorry I've been MIA for the week! It was kind of a nice break from everything! Brent and I traveled home last Sunday for a week at home with family after the passing of Grandma Ree. Steve and Jan picked us up in Grand Forks and we were greeted not only with love but also GIANT snow flakes! ;)
We came home ready to help in any way we could and to have a mainly schedule free week. Normally when we go home it's so busy with all kinds of plans and wanting to see EVERYONE. This trip around "Everyone" was pretty busy during the week and that gave us more time to do our thing.
First off- the SNOW! I think there was more snow in March than there was at Christmas time! Thankfully the temperature was in the mid 30's-high 40's while we were home! Such a treat.
Gramps invited us over for a home cooked dinner! He's becoming quiet the pro at this cooking business and he made a delicious roast from Grams recipe!! Yummy. Family favorite.
And he didn't stop there!.... He continued on with Gram's hot fudge sauce over ice cream recipe! Melting!! :)
Since we were home last the "shop" that my parents bought in town (Ivan Dahl's old business) has made some MAJOR changes. So we checked out the newest things around the shop. One being Dad's new semi and logo. My Uncle Mike Dinndorf created this logo for him! Pretty cool! -- Pretty Proud.
During another afternoon we were able to put together my old crib! Hard to believe that 26 years ago I slept in this crib and now come August (visit) and September (deployment) our baby will sleep here. Brent did great putting it together and we got the basement all ready and homey for our arrival in the future! (Now that I look at this picture I notice this was BEFORE we went to town to get the four screws to put the last side on. :)....)
Our reason for coming home was to celebrate the life of Grandma Ree. Brent and I were so happy and thankful we had the week to help go through all the things in Grandma Ree's apartment, and hear the many stories of her and Grandpa Hanlon and their three kids! She lived a pretty amazing life and was an amazing lady. She was extremely talented in so many things- writing, drawing, painting, stitching, just to name a few. I'm extremely jealous of her natural talent.
One thing Grandma Ree has encouraged me to do personally is to write. Write in a journal, continue with my blog, put the dates and names on the backs of my pictures. As I look through her writings, pictures, etc. I'm so thankful for her detail she gave through writing. I learned things about her that I would have never known if I hadn't come across it in writing. Time goes to fast, things are forgotten, but by writing things down-- someday my children, grand children and great grandchildren will be able to look back and read about our life.
I think this MAY be our first Sister-in-law picture together where all FOUR of us are in it! YAY! Good idea Jill Olson. :) I"m lucky to have these ladies in my life.
Because I missed Baby Ole 28 week check in- here is the Bump. :) That's what everyone wants to see anyways right? After I looked at these pictures I thought- who let me out of the house with that tiny vest on... to short, won't button. ha- to funny. Brent' told me it looked good! Oh-well.
A BIG thank you to Laura who got up with us at 4:30am this morning to be on the road by 5am after a snowy night. Another big thank you to Brent who drove the whole way to Grand Forks that early in the morning as Laura, myself and Mox all slept the whole way!! - We had a safe drive, a good but longer than planned flight, and Laura made it back to Baudette safety.
Last, but definitely not least--- today is Moxy's 4th Birthday. :) Our little boy is 4!!!

1 comment:
So nice to have you home for the week. Went way too fast. Thank you for all the help in gettings things moved out of Grandma Ree's apt. You 2 were a big help. Are you missing all the snow?
love you guys!
Mom
Post a Comment