Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Baby Ole- 27 Weeks!


Total Weight Gain: To be honest, I haven't even stepped on the scale this week. It's really been the last thing on my mind. 

Maternity Clothes: I'm starting to wear many "repeat" outfits. I just don't have a big variety of clothes that fit and the maternity section of my closet is pretty small. I have moved into Brent's t-shirts to sleep in though for comfort! My T's were getting a little snug. 

Sleep: Well, I'm being stubborn and not getting up to use the bathroom EVERY time I toss or turn. I have noticed that my belly almost feels like it "hangs" to which ever side I'm laying on, which is a little annoying and I think affecting how my back feels the next day. I've been putting a flat pillow under the sides of my belly when I sleep. The "noodle" is just too BIG for that purpose. Who would ever guess my "tummy" would need a pillow. ha. 

Best Moment of this week: Well the last couple weeks hasn't been full of the BEST news, but in every situation their are positives. 
- We will be going home Sunday-Sunday for Grandma Rie's funeral. It will be nice to see family. 
- We got the approval that Mox and I can go with Brent to his 4 weeks of training in Ohio next month! YAY!!! Staying together is great news!! We will stop and see Jay and Jess on our way there, will be at the same base that Greg and Deanna are stationed at, along with some other AF hockey friends, and the Phillipich's are only 4 hours away!!! So we're hoping to see them during that time as well. 
- If in fact this whole deployment thing pulls through (which we're sure it will) my advisor said she would work with me to get my student teaching done while I was back in MN during the deployment. They have to be flexible with me, but this means when Brent gets back next March, I will have my second degree COMPLETED!!!!! 

So, although it's been stressful, sad, emotional, mind scrambling week-- I've learned that in EVERYTHING their is something positive, it may not always be easy to see, but it's there. 

Miss anything: Some of my outfits that no longer fit! TEMPORARILY!!! Can't wait to get back to pre-baby shape and even better! I'm motivated about this one!

Movement: Yep- less JABS and more gliding, twirling, etc. I'm also pretty positive this baby has hick ups on a daily basis. It's almost a consistent feeling, not as much movement as a kick but just little bubbles, it's the strangest thing! Crazy to think my little boy is practicing his swallowing already!!! 

Another thing that happens more often is my belly gets REALLY hard. When I asked the doc. last visit she said it's just him getting cozy in that area. CRAZY. He's a low rider in this momma's belly... 

Food Craving: 
These fruit snacks have been a BIG time snack craving. They probably aren't the healthiest thing, but better than ice cream right?? Oh man I could probably eat a box of these in one sitting, thankfully I still have some self control and every single one I eat I think of my dad telling me, "You wonder why you get so many cavities!! You eat all that sticky, chewy stuff!" ;) 

Another big craving I've had this week is cottage cheese. Weird? I haven't eaten cottage cheese since going to the Ranch House in high school! But for some reason, it just sounded good this week and I'm now on my second pint! :) 

Today I had my blood sugar test. I've heard HORROR stories about these tests. I was prepared to drink  the worse possible thing on this planet. --- I was pleasantly surprised. No, it wasn't something I'd buy to drink, or even enjoyed downing in less than 5 minutes, but it wasn't NEARLY as bad as I had imagined. I remember Emily Phillipich talking about it and how she could barely drink it without puking... (Maybe hers was warm? different flavor?) Anyways. I was hooked up with a cold- fruit punch drink. Basically to me, it tasted like fruit punch that they forgot to add the water to... so like snow cone syrup basically! ;-) I downed it and five minutes later I felt like I was on the biggest sugar high! I felt a little dizzy and shaky, but I continued to sit in my chair and wait out the hour until my blood test. By the time I stood up for my blood test, I got up and fell to the ground.... Just kidding, I was fine. :) 


Bump: 

Gender: Baby Boy Ole! Sometimes I think about if we wouldn't have found out.... I'm so glad we did. 

Belly Button: I know I say this every week, but it's almost there! Flat to the surface by night time. It's almost uncomfortable at this point if I touch it... Ohh the body is an interesting thing! 

Wedding Rings: On and still spinning on my fingers. I think I'll keep them on the whole time. :) 

Looking Forward To: 
- Going home for a week and seeing family. (Although it isn't the best circumstances) 

1 comment:

Emily said...

You definitely got the better end of the glucose test... I had warm lemon lime and orange, still cringe thinking about it! But no fruit punch, maybe next time;) glad to know you've found the brighter side of things, knew you would. And we are just three hours away. Super excited!!