Monday, January 14, 2013

Free Time Over....

It was BACK to school for me today. I've really enjoyed my month and a half off from online classes. I was able to relax, do some me things, pick up some crafts, try some new hobbies, etc. It was good and even better to enjoy it in the sunny warm FL weather! Although I'm anxious to be done with school, it does keep my life a little more organized! So that's a plus side of things. Remember how I had started that embroidering.... well I made them into burp rags. Pretty "nice" only to be puked on... but it was fun and gave me something to do while we watched TV together at night. I was able to finish the sewing side of things up on Friday and call the good! I do have a few more designs and colored fabric but I'm waiting to see if it's a baby BOY or baby GIRL we are having before I tackle them with colors. :)These ones are pretty gender neutral, which I'm not a huge fan about, but... it will be fine.

This is a baby blanket I crochet when we got back from MN for Christmas. When my finger tips needed a break from embroidering I would work on this thing. It surprisingly didn't take me to long at all! Again, pretty gender neutral, maybe a little more boy, but Brent gave me his honest opinion and said it didn't even look like it was for a baby. haha... ooh boy. Well, if nothing else, it's a warm lap blanket! :) 
 So fun time with crafts has come and gone and it's back to the books! I'm really hoping to pull ahead in all my classes so towards the end of the semester when I'm pretty round and not up to doing much (especially being in an elementary classroom observing!) I don't have too! One year of classes to go (two semesters) and student teaching and this girl is done!! :) 

1 comment:

christa said...

again - so jealous of your craftiness! you're awesome! i have a simple blanket pattern that i want to sew (maybe it's even for a burp rag, now i can't remember) but i'm going to wait until we know the gender first. have fun hitting the books!