Friday, October 12, 2012

Cupcake Carousel

So two weeks ago or so (and I thought I blogged about this but I didn't) Brent told me that I was the new office birthday cupcake baker! It's just cheaper that way then him going out and buying cupcakes. I said I would do it under one condition, he got me a cupcake carousel. The first time I ever saw this nifty cupcake carrier was from Jill Olson I think... It's the coolest thing ever! Holds each cupcake securely and without touching each other.I had seen one at a local store a few times when I was there for $15... man I wanted one, but before being "Office Cake Baker" I had no need for it. So Brent said ok to the deal and I was a happy camper!
Basically this cool thing has three of these trays. There is a rod that goes up the middle of the big pink cupcake bottom that holds them in place... 
This is my second birthday batch~ I went with a chocolate cupcake and orange frosting. (Brent requested Halloween themed.)


Then I think my Baker ego got to my head! I thought... hmmm.... Maybe I should add some Oreo crumbs on top for decoration and extra crunch! 

  
hmmm Don't they look so yummy. (If you noticed in the picture above, there is one missing. I had to make sure they were ok to bring in... it's Brent and my reputation I'm trying to protect here!) 
All stacked up and ready for delivery.....  
  
Coolest thing Ever!

2 comments:

christa said...

I got a cupcake carousel for my bridal shower from.......JILL OLSON!! I can't wait to use it. In fact, I just bought some zebra striped cupcake wrappers the other day. Hmm....I better get baking!!

The Olson's said...

That's probably where I saw it first! :) AND I bought zebra cupcake cups too .... imagine that! :) Lastly, I've noticed with mine the cupcakes fall kind of low which makes it hard to get them out of the holder. I cut the bottom of dixie cups (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch) tall and put them in each cupcake slot upside down to lift them up a bit.