Last Friday Brent and I attended a going away party for one of Brent's troop members who will be deploying to Afghanistan. The Even took place at Camp Holly in Melbourne, FL. Red Neck Swamp Land!!! The goal is to take out the air boat for an hour and see some gators! (The website was excited to include maybe SNAKES too!) I was hoping we'd see NOTHING. (I'd rather just view the gators at the zoo if ya know what I mean!) So there was a small group of 9 of us for the ride. Beautiful evening and the breeze on the air boat was perfect. We had the owner of the place as our guide and he was a little on the wild side with his driving. (THANKFULLY, I've married into the family of NASCAR drivers... Cough... OLSON BOYS!....) So I could handle a little wild ride... We didn't see any gators. And that... I was ok with. There were ENOUGH taxidermy ones inside the place... eek.
These are the guys from the trip. Brent also manages all of these airman.
Turned out to be a pretty enjoyable time!
We were riding through some swampy paths like this! Eek.
The place had three gators. A baby, who can take a chunk of your finger, a three foot gator that could take a finger, and a five foot gator that could take your hand off!
Group Picture- Minus Brent
This was the owner Curt. He was a bold character. When we got back he allowed us to stay and play Corn Hole in the back. He told us he was locking up the shop and if anyone came just to tell them, "Sorry we're closed, this is my Uncle Curts place and he's letting us stay." We had to use that line twice! haha.. to funny!
Oooh the many things I get to experience with my Love. :)
1 comment:
Awesome! LOVE that first pic of you 2!! If we come down my boys would LOVE this adventure.
Post a Comment