Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Gram

I have been blessed in my life with amazing grandparents. I have had my Gramps and Gram Dinndorf and my Grandma Ellis. They've been an active part of my life since, forever. Not everyone is so lucky to have Grandparents, especially ones that love you so much. Gram came down with Cancer a few months back and with a few other health hick-ups things progressed more rapidly than we all expected or would have liked. During the whole time of her cancer I never once saw a sign of worry from her. She was strong in faith and was hopeful of her next destination. It was completely inspiring to see how strong she was. Gram was always positive, always smiling, and was always ready to have a good time and laugh. She is the best cook/chef I know. (Sorry everyone else) and a gift her and Gramps gave us a few years back was a personalized recipe box with a copy of all of her "famous family recipes" That was so special then, but I can't explain how special it is to me now. All of my favorite recipes from Gram, written in her handwriting for me. Priceless. My grandparents have been married 50+ years and they have been such a positive couple in my life. They have true LOVE. Although it was completely evident growing up I was constantly reminded of it when we were home in July. Gram was a good wife, a great mom and a loving Gram to us all. We will miss her every day and think of her often. There are things she's imprinted on all our lives that will be with each of us family members forever. We grieve for us left here and it's hard to say good bye for now, but we are confident that she is pain free, loving life with the Lord our savior. And one day... we will see her again... until then we will hold close all of our memories of Gram, share stories with our kids about how amazing she was, and continue to TRY to make her recipes JUST like hers (Which probably won't ever happen.) We love you Gram. I will miss you checking/reading my blog everyday but I know you've now got the best seat in the house to watch my family grow. xo.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for my Gram. My family so appreciates the prayers, the thoughts, the cards and food. We can not thank you enough for taking the time to remember our Gram and our family during this time. I do ask that you continue to pray for my Uncle Mark who is still battling cancer as well.

2 comments:

steve said...

Oh Lisa,
What a sweet tribute. It is a blessing to have such wonderful caring grandparents. She left her mark for good on many people. Such a lovely woman,always smiling,always caring about others, and I see those traits being passed on. She did her job well! Our heart felt sympathy to the whole family.

christa said...

Hi Lisa, I'm just catching up with all my blogs! So sorry to hear about your Gram! I always loved the way you talked about her and your stories of your time together! She seemed like a truly amazing woman! So thankful that you will get to see her again!!